The Weston A. Price Foundation has sent a Swine Flu Information Alert to members. Below is a summary of the information in the Alert.
Most of us have heard about the outbreak of swine flu in La Gloria, Mexico. Many residents of this small village blame the infection and/or toxins coming from local confinement hog operations.
Conventional medicine would recommend the isolation of ill people, hand washing, face masks, and taking anti-viral drugs. These drugs have numerous serious side effects in some people. There is little mention of building natural immunity.
It’s so easy to to be scared and do nothing. Fortunately, we don’t have to be helpless. We can build our natural immunity by feeding ourselves and families nourishing, traditional foods.
Some simple steps to build natural immunity are:
1. Eat a healthy diet based on nourishing, traditional foods. Eliminate or severely reduce processed foods and refined carbohydrates.
2. Vitamins A and D in cod liver oil offers strong protection against infections and environmental toxins.
3. Vitamin C from whole food sources will protect against infection and be better absorbed by the body.
4. Healthy gut flora provides about 85% of our immunity to infectious disease and environmental toxins. Consume lacto-fermented foods and drinks every day. Avoid foods that disrupt healthy gut flora such as processed foods and refined carbohydrates.
5. Bone broth is full of minerals and gelatin. It helps nourish and regenerate the gut, which will improve immunity.
6. Add virgin coconut oil to your daily diet. Our body takes lauric acid found in coconut oil and converts it into monolaurin. Swine flu is a lipid coated virus which will become inactivated by sufficient amounts of monolaurin.
Dr. Mary Enig, an international lipid specialist, has calculated that two to three tablespoons of coconut oil a day will fight infection. Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Dr. Mary Enig is a good source of recipes to add more coconut oil to your diet. You can get this book through inter-library loan from the Kamloops Public Library.
Update June 25, 2009: On the Weston A Price leader bulletin board was a link to this CBS 60 Minutes documentary about swine flu. This documentary is from the 1976 swine flu “epidemic”. It was aired once in the US and never shown again. Please watch this 14 minute program and two commercial aired at the time: 60 Minutes 1976 Swine Flu.
Update November 3, 2009: This is a audio presentation from www.mercola.com about swine flu immunization. If you are pregnant or considering getting the vaccination, please listen to this presentation called Swine Flu: One of the Most Massive Medical Cover-ups.